Colonel Edward T. Ackerman is the Deputy Commander, Joint Warfare Analysis Center (JWAC), U.S. Strategic Command, Naval Support Facility Dahlgren, Virginia. JWAC provides targeting analysis to support current operations and conducts research and development to advance the same.
Colonel Ackerman received his commission through Air Force ROTC at Rutgers University, New Jersey. His first operational assignment was with the 3rd Space Operations Squadron at Schriever Air Force Base, Colorado, where he served as a Satellite Operations Crew Commander and Satellite Engineering Officer on the Defense Satellite Communications System.
His Joint Assignments include the U.S. Pacific Command, where he served on the staff of the Operations Directorate in charge of large-scale joint and combined military training exercises within the Northeast Asia region of the Pacific Theater and the Joint Staff Operations Directorate as the Space Operations Branch Chief.
His previous assignments also include Commander of the 17th Test Squadron at Schriever AFB, Operations Officer for the 1st Space Control Squadron at Cheyenne Mountain Air Force Station, Operations officer for the 3rd Space Surveillance Squadron Detachment 1 at Osan Air Base, South Korea, Chief of Theater Missile Defense and Space Operations for 7th Air Force at Osan AB, Chief of Special Programs Weapons and Tactics for 14th Air Force at Vandenberg AFB, and Reconnaissance Mission Director for the 607th Combat Operations Squadron at Osan AB.
Prior to his assignment at the Joint Warfare Analysis Center, Colonel Ackerman was the Chief, Non-Kinetic Operations Division and Director of Space Forces at Pacific Air Forces, Hickam AFB, Hawaii.
1990 Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering and Bachelor of Arts, Physics, Rutgers University, N.J.
1997 Squadron Officer School, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala. 1999 USAF Weapons School, Nellis AFB, Nev
2001 Master of Arts, Organization Leadership, Chapman University, Calif.
2004 Air Command and Staff College by correspondence
2005 Master of Science, Management with focus in Systems Engineering, Air Force Institute of Technology, Ohio
2010 Master of Arts, Strategic Studies, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala
1. May 1991 – Sep 1991, Student, Undergraduate Space Training Lowry AFB, Colorado
2. Sep 1991 - Jun 1994, Satellite Operations Planner Analyst, Crew Commander, and Engineering Officer, 3rd Space Operations Squadron, Schriever AFB, Colorado
3. Jun 1994 - Jan 1997, Reconnaissance Mission Director, Tactical Space Applications Officer, and Chief, Theater Missile Defense and Space Operations, 607th Combat Operations Squadron, Osan AB, ROK
4. Jan 1997 - Jan 1998, Operations Officer, Det 1, 3rd Space Surveillance Squadron, Osan AB, ROK
5. Jan 1998 - Dec 1999, Chief, Special Programs Operations and Plans, 614th Space Operations Squadron, Vandenberg AFB, California
6. Dec 1999 - Oct 2001, Chief, Weapons and Tactics, Special Programs, 14th Air Force, Vandenberg AFB, CA
7. Oct 2001 - May 2004, Regional Exercise Action Officer, U.S. Pacific Command, Camp H.M. Smith, Hawaii
8. May 2004 - Jun 2005, IDE Student, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
9. Jun 2005 - Jun 2007, Operations Officer, 1st Space Control Squadron, Cheyenne Mountain AFS, Colorado
10. Jun 2007 - Jul 2009, Commander, 17th Test Squadron, Schriever AFB, Colorado
11. Jul 2009 - Jun 2010, SDE Student, Air War College, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Alabama
12. Jun 2010 - Jul 2013, Chief, Space Operations Branch, Joint Staff, Washington D.C.
13. Jul 2013 - Aug 2016, Chief, Non-Kinetic Operations Division and Director of Space Forces, Pacific Air Forces, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
14. Aug 2016 - present, Deputy Commander, Joint Warfare Analysis Center, Dahlgren, Virginia
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION:
||November 24, 1990
||November 24, 1992
||November 24, 1994
||January 1, 2002
||November 1, 2006
||April 1, 2012
(Current as of October 2018)